COLLIERS INTERNATIONAL GROUP (NASDAQ/TSX:CIGI)
- Colliers is a leading diversified professional services and investment management company.
- With operations in 67 countries, its more than 15,000 enterprising professionals work collaboratively to provide expert advice to real estate occupiers, owners, and investors. Colliers manages more than 2.0 billion square feet of property on behalf of owners and over $40 billion of AUM for investors.
- For more than 25 years, its experienced leadership has delivered compound annual investment returns of more than 20% for shareholders; a result of its entrepreneurial culture driven by ~40% insider ownership and ~60% of voting rights controlled by founder and CEO, Jay Hennick.
- Colliers ranks #3 worldwide in the Lipsey Survey of the Top 25 Commercial Real Estate Brands.
overall strategic investment strategy & capabilities of colliers’
- Colliers has transacted on hundreds of acquisitions, deploying over $2B in capital since inception. Over the past few years, Colliers has made significant investments in new verticals including investment management, engineering consulting and design, and mortgage origination and servicing.
- With extensive deal experience, an entrepreneurial, clear and efficient process run by the Global Strategic Investments team and substantial financial resources, Colliers offers a smooth transition for owners and a high certainty of close.
- Colliers is a stable public company with a perpetual investment horizon, looking to create value over the long term — it does not burden businesses with significant leverage or face the time pressure of private equity firms to sell and return capital to their investors.
- Colliers’ M&A objectives are to (1) leverage its global footprint and established enterprising culture; (2) consolidate existing services; (3) increase market share; and (4) integrate new services in its existing offerings.
- Colliers has retained FirePower Capital to identify and engage with new opportunities.
colliers’ investment criteria
- Capital markets advisory, investment banking, loan servicing, mortgage banking, loan origination and brokerage, relating to and focused on commercial real estate
MANAGEMENT & CULTURE
- Strong leadership team with a passion for its business and desire to take it to the “next level”
- Company vision and culture that would benefit from access to Colliers’ significant resources including financial capital, a globally recognized brand, an international platform and strategic and operational expertise.
FINANCIALS & OUTLOOK
- Minimum EBITDA of $1M, 10%+ profit margins
- Defensible and recurring revenue streams, with strong relationships and long-term contracts
- Global with an emphasis on North America, Europe, and APAC
- Flexible structures to meet the objectives of sellers
- Possible owner equity retention for larger high-quality targets
This disclaimer shall apply to FirePower Capital Corporation, FirePower Financial Corporation, its partners, employees and agents (collectively “FirePower”). The information contained in this document (the “Information”) is for informational purposes only. FirePower makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy or completeness of the Information. FirePower does not accept or assume any liability or duty of care for any loss arising from any action taken or not taken by the recipient in reliance on the Information or for any decision based on it. The Information cannot be relied upon to cover the recipient’s specific situation and accordingly the recipient should not act or refrain from acting upon the Information, without obtaining specific professional advice or performing such due diligence steps as the recipient may solely deem necessary. The information may change at any time without notice or obligation to the recipient by FirePower. NEITHER THIS DOCUMENT NOR ITS DELIVERY TO AN INTERESTED PARTY SHALL CONSTITUTE OR BE CONSTRUED TO BE AN OFFER TO SELL ANY SECURITIES.